2012-07-26

Kakigoori




I just can't keep up with this hot and humid weather in Tokyo. Better than cold but it's too hot. For those who are like me, here is something to cool you!!

This is kakigoori(かき氷), shaved ice, a popular sweet in summer. Flavored with matcha(抹茶), sweetened azuki beans(あずき) and condensed milk, sweetness and bitterness are mixed together perfectly as you pop into your mouth. It's really really yummy!


Other common flavors are strawberry, lemon, melon, and blue hawaii. But matcha is the best! 



3 comments:

  1. I have never had shaved ice but it does look delicious!

    By the way, I have a post reflecting on four cultures cuisines: British, Jamaican, Japanese and Korean. Any recommendations and comments towards this post would be grateful! Thank you! http://nynyonlinex.wordpress.com/2013/01/07/food-from-other-cultures/ Also please check out the rest of my blog too when you have time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it looks like so delicious....I want to try this if i'm gone in your place


    http://www.rivieragrillny.com/

    ReplyDelete